This document will guide you on how to get started with myPhoneDesktop –Chrome Client extension.
Creating myPhoneDesktop Account on your iDevice
- Install myPhoneDesktop on your iDevice.
- Launch it.
- Accept working in the PUSH mode.
- Tap on the "Create Account" button.
- Provide Login, Password and Email attributes. Note, we recommend you to enter a valid email address to allow forgotten password retrieval.
- Tap the Save button.
Configuring Chrome Browser to work with myPhoneDesktop
- Click the myPhoneDesktop – Chrome Client button on the Chrome toolbar.
- You’ll be prompted to login:
- Provide your Login and Password.
- Turn ON the "Remember Password option".
- If you using extension on your personal (trusted) computer, then turn OFF the "This is public or shared computer" option. Otherwise, leave this option ON so no login/password information will be stored.
- Click the Login button.
Now you can use myPhoneDesktop – Chrome Client extension to make phone calls, send long SMS, copy large amounts of text, send long and complicated to retype URL’s, open routes in mobile Google Map etc. Just select particular View to work with (e.g. Phone View, Text View, URL View, or Image View), type or copy/paste content that you want to send to your iDevice (e.g. phone number) and choose an action that should be performed with the data when it is received by your iDevice (e.g. Call, SMS, Copy, etc.). Then check myPhoneDesktop app on your iDevice to let it receive selected content and perform desired action. That’s it.
Tip: You may specify which action should be performed per each particular data type using Chrome Client’s "Settings | System Options" View (check out the "Default Action" drop-downs for each data type).
Tip: We’d like to recommend using of myPhoneDesktop – Chrome to iPhone extension.
Working with Multiple iDevices
myPhoneDesktop provides Support for Multiple Accounts allowing to work with several iDevices (e.g. iPhone and iPad) and Quick Accounts switching option. Here is how Multiple Accounts feature works: You will need to create a dedicated Account per each of your iDevice. Then you will have to add (register) all of your Accounts to Web Client.
After this is done you will be able to choose an Account (and its corresponding iDevice) you would work with from the myPhoneDesktop - Chrome Client as well as myPhoneDesktop – Chrome to iPhone extensions. See this doc http://support.myphonedesktop.com/entries/187022-how-to-add-multiple-accounts for more information.
Known Issues and Limitations
- It is not possible to choose a local image file to be send to iDevice due to known bug in Chrome.