As of version 1.3 myPhoneDesktop provides Support for Multiple Accounts allowing to work with several iDevices (e.g. iPhone and iPad) and Quick Accounts switching option. Here is how Multiple Accounts feature works: You will need to create a dedicated account per each of your iDevice. Then you will have to add (register) all of your accounts to myPhoneDesktop's Desktop and/or Web Client. After this is done you will be able to choose an account (and its corresponding device) you would work with.
Here are the steps how to setup Multiple Accounts:
Step 1: Setup a dedicated Account on your iDevice (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch):
Note: if you already logged in and want to create another account on your iDevice then you will need to go to Settings | Account and tap the Logout button.
To setup a new Account:
- Tap the Create Account button and specify required Account attributes. Tip: To easy remember and recognize which account is for which device, you can use the following schema: "iDevice type+email" when creating an account.
For example: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com If you use this pattern then you are guaranteed to have a unique account name.
- Tap the Save button. Your account will be created and you will be automatically logged-in
Step 2: Repeat Step 1 on all other iDevices creating different Account for each specific device.
Step 3: Add Accounts you've created in Step 1 and Step 2 to myPhoneDesktop Desktop or Web Client:
- Open myPhoneDesktop desktop or Web client. Note: if this is first time you launching myPhoneDesktop desktop or web client or you're not logged in then see bullet #4.
- Choose the Settings View.
- Choose the Add Account item from the Account drop-down.
- Type the Login and Password you created for your iDevice in Step 1. For example:
- Provide optional account description: for example "iPhone".
- Click the Login button.
- After you've logged in you will see your new Account Login (or Description if specified) listed on Quick Account Switcher drop-down:
Step 4: Repeat this for each Account you created in Steps 1 and 2 following instructions outlined in Step 3.
Step 5: Now you can switch between Accounts using Quick Account Switcher drop-down (Desktop Client) or the Settings | Account drop-down (Desktop and Web clients)
- Currently Logged in Accounts will be marked by a small square dot next to the Account Name
- If you need to log out from specific Account - choose the Settings View, and click the Logout button.
- To Log in to specific Account - Choose the Settings View, choose an Account to login and click the Login button.
- You can also clear all of the account information by logging off and clicking the clear hyperlink.